I just found out that I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by “Impossible To Date.” Her blog is funny, entertaining and truthful. If you haven’t read her blog, check it out. I’ve linked to a post that really did make me LOL. I was also nominated by one of my nominees SuburbanGirlLooking4 Love . She is a very talented young lady; I hope you will enjoy her adventures as much I have.
And, yet another blogger just nominated me as well…Forty Something Single and Skint. I find myself relating to her experiences (and she’s a wonderful writer as well) even though she lives in another continent. It just proves that finding love is part of the human condition.
As part of the nomination process, I answer the eleven questions they asked me. I’m going to answer each of my nominators list of questions. First, these are “Impossible to Date‘s” questions:
- Why did you start blogging? Therapy…I needed to really THINK about my life and who I want to be for the second half of it..
- If you could be a superhero who would you be and why? Wonder Woman. She is gorgeous, intelligent, and can kick ass.
- Where would you rather be right this second? On a beach…with the love of my life… whoever he may be…
- Favorite Food? Extra points for making it random! Macaroni and Cheese… homemade…not from the box. I rarely indulge in it, so when I do, it’s a treat!
- If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? An opthamologist. Imagine being able to save or return someone’s eyesight…
- If you had the ability to fix or cure one thing in the world, what would it be? Parkinson’s Disease. My mom had it.. To quote Michel J. Fox “It is the gift that keeps on taking.”
- Did you have a childhood toy or doll? What was it? My teddy bear…Sherman. I still have him.
- Are you afraid of the dark? No…but I do check for monsters in the closet… 😉
- What inspires you? People who show grace and courage in difficult situations.
- Most amazing thing you have done in life? I am actually doing it right now…living independently for the first time ever…and it is AMAZING.
- If you could meet anyone who would it be? Jane Austen. She is my favorite author…and was a woman way ahead of her time.
Now, here are “Suburban Girl Looking For Love‘s” questions:
- What’s your favourite part about blogging? I enjoy being able to let my true feelings out without worrying about offending anyone. Writing about my feelings and experiences also lets me think about my feelings so I can deal with them. And I really enjoy the creative process of writing as well.
- What’s your biggest fear? That I am going to end up like one of my aunts…alone at the end of her life.
- How do you envision your life in 10 years from now? Living my life with my version of Prince Charming, doing what I love to do.
- What have you learnt most about finding love through your adventures to date? It ain’t easy. And that if you LOOK for a relationship, you will never find it. You have relax and let it happen.
- What inspires you? People who show grace and courage in difficult situations.
- If a genie could grant you three wishes right now, what would they be?
- That my family and friends be happy and healthy.
- I find the love of my life and grow old with him.
- That people return to common politeness and civility.
- Who is the most important person in your life? My sister. I can’t imagine what the last couple of years of my life would have been like without her.
- If you could turn back time to a specific moment, what would it be? It would be the moment 24 years ago I walked away from Peter. It was the biggest mistake of my life. We may not be together now, but my life would have been completely different. But all things happen for a reason, and obviously we were not “ready” for each other in 1989. Are we ready for each other now? That’s what I’m finding out now.
- What’s the most important thing you value in life? My family. We have had some rough times the last two years…but your family will always be your family…no matter what bullshit happens to put a strain on your relationship.
- One object or person you could never live without? My coffee maker. Seriously. You don’t want to see me un-caffeinated.
- Do you believe in finding ‘the one’? Yes, I do. However, I do think there are different “ones” for different stages of your life. While I know of several couples who have stayed together since high school or college, they are the exception rather than the rule.
And, finally, here are the eleven questions posed to me by Forty Something Single and Skint,
- Why do you blog? I blog about to help me figure out what the hell I actually want for the second act of my life. I find it very therapeutic and it is helping me gather my thoughts and get to know myself better.
- Do your ‘real life’ friends know about and/or read your blog? Only one of my real life friends knows about this blog…my wonderful friend Jason. He encouraged me to start blogging as a matter of fact.
- Fantasy dinner party and you can invite anyone from past or present, dead or alive… What three people would you invite and why? Wow, that is a tough one. But, I guess I would invite Jon Stewart (there would be plenty of laughter AND intelligent conversation), Jane Austen ( she is my favorite writer), and George Harrison because of his creativity.
- What’s your favourite movie and why? Hmmmm…another tough one. There are so many movies I love… but I’ll go for a classic and say “Casablanca.” How can any woman not swoon at the pure romance of this movie?
- What is your earliest childhood memory? I remember my mother and I walking hand in hand down the path in the woods behind our house. We were on our way to visit our next door neighbors…who also happened to be our best friends as well. I couldn’t have been more than 3 years old.
- Describe your ideal home. A beach cottage. I would love nothing more than to be able to wake every morning to see the sunrise over the ocean from my bed…of course with the love of my life next to me…
- Do you believe in “happy ever after”? I do. But, to me, happily ever after isn’t riding off into the sunset with Prince Charming. It’s my grandparents sitting on the back porch holding hands.
- Which do you prefer, summer or winter? All the seasons have something to love. But…I would have to say I prefer summer to winter. I love the long days, laying by a swimming pool, picnics, and cooking out with my friends. Summer has a lazy quality to it that winter doesn’t have.
- Who has had the most influence in your life? My mom. I hate say I’m turning into her, but I am. Hopefully that is a good thing.
- What’s your worst fear? As trite as this sounds, not finding “THE ONE” to spend the rest of my life with. While I don’t need a man to be complete (I am pretty independent minded after all), it would be lovely to have someone to help me take on the world.
- What’s your greatest possession? A grandfather clock that my great uncle built himself. Every time it chimes, I think of his loving heart and gentle spirit.
Now, as part of this nomination process, I am also supposed to nominate eleven other bloggers. (I’m only going to nominate eleven.) Now, here are MY nominations for the Liebster Blog Award:
- Would Rather Vomit
- Forty Something Single and Skint
- Courting Adventures
- An Affair To Regret
- Is This Really My Marriage
- Suburban Girl Looking For Love
- Musings of a Bipolar Unchained Soul
- Bitten And Red
Here are my eleven questions for you:
- What poem or song really moves you? Share a line from it (if you wish).
- What brings out your critical side?
- What prevents you from revealing your emotions to others?
- Is it better to have loved and lost or never to have loved at all?
- What do you dream about most often?
- When did you immediately “click” with someone you just met? What was the long term result?
- When have you recently felt overwhelmed? Describe the situation.
- What’s the most courageous thing you’ve ever done?
- With whom have you lost touch, but still wonder about?
- What is something that always brings a smile to your face?
- When you think of really living and not merely existing, what comes to mind?
Now for my eleven nominees, here are the rules for The Liebster Blog Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you (done!)
- Answer the eleven questions they asked you (done!)
- Nominate eleven other people (done!)
- Ask them eleven questions in return (done!)
- According to the guidelines the Liebster award should be sent to bloggers with less than 200 followers. This will let the newbies (like me) know just how terrific they are! WHOO HOO!
Again…thank you for the nomination, Impossible to Date, SuburbanGirlLooking4Love, and Forty Something Single and Skint. And, I want to thank each of you for introducing me to some other terrific blogs! I’m going to enjoy reading theirs as much I do yours!
When I started blogging, it was mainly to help me gather my thoughts…discover my feelings…so I could start living mindfully. The fact that anyone finds me entertaining…funny…or a talented writer…is quite flattering.
Wow! I’ve been nominated a FOURTH time for the Liebster Blogging Award. I want to thank lifeofalovergirl for showing me the love! Her blog is funny and insightful…and I hope all of you will check it out!
Now, I am going to go ahead and answer HER eleven questions to me. So here goes!
- What would you say is the main “point” of your blog? The point of the blog is to help me figure out my feelings and what I want for the second half of my life. I’m finding the writing process to very therapeutic.
- Have you ever had sex in a unique place or someplace public? Tell us about it! If you read my latest post, you’ll find out the only unusual/public place I had sex in was a one-night stand in a bathroom during a party. 🙂
- Name 3 songs that remind you of someone in your life or a relationship you’ve been in in the past. One song is “Cherish” by Madonna (again, read this). Another (and don’t throw up at this) is “I Write the Songs” by Barry Manilow. It was the very first song I ever slow danced too…with this boy I had the biggest crush on in junior high. The third song is “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison. I had a college boyfriend who would always play it on the jukebox and sing it to me when we went to his favorite bar. I always smile when I hear it…even if the boy who did it turned out to be a complete douche bag.
- What are your feelings about monogamy? I’m all for monogamy. I am a “relationship girl.” I am looking forward to finally finding THE ONE and being able to settle down.
- Five years ago, would you have pictured yourself where you are today, relationship wise? How have things changed or not changed in that time period? My life is totally different from where it was five years ago…new job, new home, new friends, and a new chance to build the life I want for myself.
- What is something that is on your sexual bucket list? Wow, that’s a good question. I’m not really sure about that one. Somethings do need to stay private, after all. 🙂
- Have you ever been caught in an awkward position or having sex with someone (or almost caught)? Tell us your story. I have to say no to this one…I’ve been very careful…very boring…or very lucky.
- Do you have a “type” that you go for romantically or sexually? What is your “type” like? I tend to go for the frat boy type. Clean cut, preppy, with a deeply buried wild side. Both my ex Robert and the guy I’m having an affair with former frat boys…one an SAE, the other a Fiji.
- How many times in your life have you been “in love” with someone? Twice…with Peter and Robert.
- Do your close friends know what your sex life is like? What kinds of things do they know about it? My friend Jason knows all about my sex life (and I his). He is the one I turn to for advice in dealing with Peter. Mary knows a lot of it, but I am not about to tell her about Peter since her husband was a serial cheater; she would be all over me for sleeping with an engaged man.
- How much do you like to talk/text/email/be in contact with someone you are in a relationship with? I like to be in contact daily. But, not constantly. I find couples who text/talk/email constantly to other annoying. It’s rude to ignore the people you are actually with.
Again, thank you for the nomination lifeofalovergirl. I’m really kind of surprised people fine the ramblings of a post menopausal woman interesting and entertaining. 🙂